James Duncan Davidson has published an excellent essary detailing Rails deployment issues. Jam-packed with practical tips.
* Should I use CGI or FastCGI?
* Should I use lighty or Apache httpd?
* If Apache, which freaking version?
* And how do I configure mod_fastcgi with Apache?
* Should I let the webserver manage fcgi processes or spawn them externally?
* And what’s this SCGI thing?
* And what’s this SwitchTower thing?
* What version of MySQL is the server running?
Link : Real Lessons for Rails Deployment
Rails Deployment: Lessons Learned from James Duncan Davidson